Peter Allen + Associates is a small firm with a big impact and long history in Ann Arbor and Detroit. Founder and President Peter Allen saw a special opportunity in Ann Arbor while canoeing down the Huron River one day in 1975 and now our office is now on the very same river. His wife, Sally, and son, Douglas, manage all the leasing, property management and accounting for millions worth of real estate along N. Main and Argo Pond.
President | firstname.lastname@example.org
Peter is most at home with his wife, Sal, spending time with his 3 children and 8 grandchildren, and looking forward to golf and tennis, and teaching and developing local real estate.
With over 40 years of experience as an Ann Arbor area real estate developer and consultant, founder of Peter Allen & Associates in 1975 (website: www.ptallen.com) and University of Michigan educator, Peter Allen is known for his passion to make Ann Arbor, and now Detroit as well, two of the best cities in the world. His zeal for both cities is fueled by their quality of life and by his direct involvement since 1981 teaching thousands of students the basic tenets of lively downtowns. His students, who come from around the world, give him a sneak peak into market forces shaping our buildings, downtowns, and “sense of place,” essential to quality, people-oriented, “third place” development. As an adjunct faculty member since 1981 at the University of Michigan and a working real estate professional, Peter has a unique perspective on the complexities of walkable urbanity.
Additionally, Peter has chaired or founded numerous local and regional conferences highlighting public policy issues relating to development, multi-model transit options, and the local quality of life.
- University of Michigan School of Architecture & Planning & Stephen Ross School of Business: Lecturer, 80% appointment with focus on teaching the elements of developing lively, walkable downtowns to over 130 students students yearly since 1981.
- Faculty Adviser to U of M’s Real Estate Certificate Program & Ross Real Estate Club
- University of Michigan Real Estate Forum: Founder and Executive Director for its first 10 years. Founded in 1986 this forum has become a preeminent Midwest gathering of real estate professionals meeting yearly to discuss emerging trends and regional opportunities. Peter stepped back into the Chairmanship for the 30th Annual UM/ULI Forum and Workshop in 2016, which drew over 650 attendees to Detroit and Ross.
- Civic Involvement: Peter believes it is important to be involved in the local community and has been active in the following organizations:
- Ann Arbor Hands On Museum, Founding Trustee
- Kerrytown Concert House, Founding Trustee
- Neutral Zone, Founding Trustee
- Ann Arbor’s Greenbelt Advisory Commission for 5 years.
- Ann Arbor CEO Council: Founding Member
- Member: Urban Land Institute, Congress for New Urbanism, and Rotary International
- DePauw University – 1967, Bachelor of Arts, History
- USNR – 1971, Lieutenant
- University of Michigan – 1973, MBA with Distinction