Peter Allen + Associates is a small firm with a big impact and long history in Ann Arbor and Detroit. Founder and President Peter Allen saw a special opportunity in Ann Arbor while canoeing down the Huron River one day in 1975 and now our office is now on the very same river. His wife, Sally, and son, Douglas, manage all the leasing, property management and accounting for millions worth of real estate along N. Main and Argo Pond.
President | email@example.com
Peter is most at home with his wife, Sal, spending time with his 3 children and 8 grandchildren, and looking forward to golf and tennis, and teaching and developing local real estate.
With over 40 years of experience as an Ann Arbor area real estate developer and consultant, founder of Peter Allen & Associates in 1975 (website: www.ptallen.com) and University of Michigan educator, Peter Allen is known for his passion to make Ann Arbor, and now Detroit as well, two of the best cities in the world. His zeal for both cities is fueled by their quality of life and by his direct involvement since 1981 teaching thousands of students the basic tenets of lively downtowns. His students, who come from around the world, give him a sneak peak into market forces shaping our buildings, downtowns, and “sense of place,” essential to quality, people-oriented, “third place” development. As an adjunct faculty member since 1981 at the University of Michigan and a working real estate professional, Peter has a unique perspective on the complexities of walkable urbanity.
Additionally, Peter has chaired or founded numerous local and regional conferences highlighting public policy issues relating to development, multi-model transit options, and the local quality of life.
- University of Michigan School of Architecture & Planning & Stephen Ross School of Business: Lecturer, 80% appointment with focus on teaching the elements of developing lively, walkable downtowns to over 130 students students yearly since 1981.
- Faculty Adviser to U of M’s Real Estate Certificate Program & Ross Real Estate Club
- University of Michigan Real Estate Forum: Founder and Executive Director for its first 10 years. Founded in 1986 this forum has become a preeminent Midwest gathering of real estate professionals meeting yearly to discuss emerging trends and regional opportunities. Peter stepped back into the Chairmanship for the 30th Annual UM/ULI Forum and Workshop in 2016, which drew over 650 attendees to Detroit and Ross.
- Civic Involvement: Peter believes it is important to be involved in the local community and has been active in the following organizations:
- Ann Arbor Hands On Museum, Founding Trustee
- Kerrytown Concert House, Founding Trustee
- Neutral Zone, Founding Trustee
- Ann Arbor’s Greenbelt Advisory Commission for 5 years.
- Ann Arbor CEO Council: Founding Member
- Member: Urban Land Institute, Congress for New Urbanism, and Rotary International
- DePauw University – 1967, Bachelor of Arts, History
- USNR – 1971, Lieutenant
- University of Michigan – 1973, MBA with Distinction
Vice President | DLA@NOMARES.COM
Born and raised in Ann Arbor, Douglas graduated with a degree in Urban Planning and Sustainable Economics from Evergreen State College in Olympia, Washington in 2003. Douglas has been working for Peter Allen and Associates since 2004, became an Associate broker in 2014, and currently holds the owns and manages NOMA Real Estate Services which manages managing over $10 million dollar portfolio along the North Main corridor of Ann Arbor developed by Peter Allen.
Douglas worked throughout the Lower Pennisula as an advisor for the Michigan Economic Development Corporation’s “Redevelopment Ready Communities” program helping cities and private property owners reposition and better leverage their assets.
Previously, Douglas was appointed by The Washtenaw County Board of Commissioners to serve as chairman for the Best Practices for Land Planning and Housing in Washtenaw County committee, and also served as Treasurer on the Eastern European Folklife Center’s Board of Directors from 2011 to 2014. Doug Currently sits on the board of the Greenbelt Commission which provides over sight of over $100MM used to protect farmland and open space in Washtenaw County.
Douglas lived for ten years in a cooperative neighborhood on the west side of Ann Arbor, called Sunward Cohousing. Cohousing is an internationally recognized model for socially sustainable neighborhood development. He has served as Sunward’s President since 2011 and since moved to Normal Park in Ypsilanti.
In his free time, Douglas travels extensively, enjoys cooking, taking care of his chickens and loves going to Balkan Music Camp with his two children and his wife, owner of Dear Golden, Lauren Naimola.
Call Douglas today for a free consultation on how to redevelop and better leverage your real estate.
Finance & Accounting, Customer Service, Owner | firstname.lastname@example.org
When Peter founded his company, it was only natural that Sally would jump into the administrative accounting position. With her math degree, she has always relished working with numbers and had worked with several small businesses setting up their books and organizational systems. After taking federal taxation courses and working with local CPA’s, she was able to add tax planning to her list of responsibilities. She has worked at Peter Allen & Associates since its inception in 1975 while also raising three children and working as office manager since 1985 for Dick and Norma Sarns, owners of NuStep, Inc.
Sally has served on the boards of the Ann Arbor YMCA, Housing Bureau for Seniors, League of Women Voters and Friends of the Ann Arbor District Library. For fun, Sally likes travel, hiking, reading, golf and spending time with her kids and 8 grandkids.